⚠️ Code of Conduct
Part of the fun of fursuiting in public is to be able to do so in reasonable safety. It is the intention of this group to provide an outline of behavior wherein it has a Code of Conduct for the safety and security of its members. In any event, common sense must prevail.
- To provide an opportunity for costumed performers and the people who like them to gather together, and
- To make the group available for civic and charitable functions.
- You can view a copy of our bylaws here: Maxwolf Events Bylaws
Common sense must prevail!
- Signup for the event you want to attend, show up on the fixed start time and at designated rally point.
- Handlers and attendees should try to avoid being in every picture. If fursuiters are taking a picture with the public try to stay out of frame.
- Stick together as a group, make sure a handler is near you at all times as a fursuiter. Use the buddy system!
- Don’t wander off from the group without telling others where you are going, otherwise we will be looking for you.
- Ensure the media you share after or jokes you make during the event don’t include inappropriate context. (sex jokes at family friendly events don’t fly)
- Respect each other and have fun! Remember that we are representing the furry community as a whole and our actions build social capital with the public.
Instant dismissal if one of these rules is broken.
- Violent or threatening acts against a member.
- Racism, sexism, antisemitism, transphobia, or homophobia of any kind.
- Suiting under the influence of an illegal substance.
- Harassment of minors, elderly, or any member of the public.
- Embezzlement of funds intended for charitable donation.
- Undisclosed criminal history.
Infractions accumulate dismissal from the group.
- Harassment of fellow members.
- Inappropriate behavior during fursuiting events.
- Inappropriate contact with an event host, or sponsor.
- Not signing up for an event and arriving without proper notice.
- Showing up after designated starting time.
- Performing at same event as group without any prior notice or discussion.